Monday, February 27, 2012

Whirlwind February

I swear the past 9 days have been a roller coaster of highs and lows. It's been quite a while since I had a week that literally saw every emotion possible.

Last Saturday I had such a great opportunity of being apart of "A Night in the Garden"...a fashion show event benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. As a Stella & Dot Independent Stylist, All the models went down the runway in my jewelry. And they looked beautiful. The 2 designers are amazing and the clothes were beautiful and the jewelry just looked amazing on the runway. As I am still new at the whole Stella & Dot thing...this was a huge opportunity for me. And because of it...I am styling for another Fashion show event this Friday. I am so excited! And not only did I get to style the models...I was also the guest speaker. Before the show I stood up in front of everyone and told Richard's story and his fight with Lymphoma. And how he ultimately lost his fight. It was very emotional and most everyone in the room had tears in their eyes. I hope I made him proud! I know I tried hard! And had so many people thank me afterwards and so many people just hugged me. It was a really special night. So I left there all jazzed!

Here are a few pictures!

Jess, Bex, and Me







Me and the Fab Lauren - My Bestie and the PR Guru!

This picture just makes me giggle!


So then fast forward to Monday...SB and I went with the newly engaged Bex to go dress shopping. I of course played with the veils and had fun. And loved every minute of watching her try on dresses. And she found one! Great night!

Wednesday of course was the night that everything came crashing down. And I find out about the ex hub's baby on the way and his upcoming wedding...in 2 months. Thursday I tried to talk to my son about the whole thing and he's not having it. He says he is happy but refuses to talk about it. Thursday was also the ex hub's bday so E had to call his dad and I had to sit there and listen to and excited ex talk to our son about baby and wedding. I wanted to claw his eyes out. Or something! I am definitely still processing all of this and I am just not there yet. Maybe b/c I told Richard's story on Saturday and the whole Cancer crap was on my mind.

Or maybe it was my VERY recent scare that required me to have a shotgun work up that included a lot of blood work, 3 Mammograms, 2 ultrasounds, 1 MRI, and 1 PET Scan. Luckily whatever this mass they found in my breast is...isn't cancer. Regardless...going through scares typically put me in my dark place. I never even got a chance to blog about my scare b/c before I could all the drama with the ex surfaced. But basically I found 2 masses in my left breast (same side as previous cancer) that scared the doctor enough that I ended up having to stay in Atlanta an extra day to have all these dang tests run. Luckily I was already in Atlanta for my normal Doctor Day and had only found the lumps a few days prior but it was a very very very long week waiting on the appointment. And a long week waiting on results. But alas...God is good and I don't have cancer. I just have to see a breast suregon so they can figure out what it is and what to do about it. B/c whatever it is...is making that breast swell up and it aches ALL the time. Especially when I am at a computer all day or when I am driving.

Anyway - tangent - I know. But I did want to thank everyone for all your messages, comments, posts, tweets, dm's, emails, etc about the ex hub's thing. Just knowing you guys care has helped more than I can say!

Well then there is Friday. My boyfriend found out his 16 year old dog, Jasmine, had cancer and had her put to sleep. He's been so down. I can't even imagine. We are both dog lovers and no one took it well. E cried some and keeps talking about how she went to heaven. My poor kid has had a traumatic week.

So yeh...crazy crappy up and down week that kinda basically all revolved in some weird way around cancer.

Ahhh...and Wednesday I say good bye to my most favorite job of all time. My 7 month contract is coming to an end and I am so sad. I know I will be placed somewhere else pretty quickly. I have an amazing recruiter. But I really love it here and I have made some amazing friends. So I guess it's really been a whirlwind month. I am not gonna be sad to see February go!

5 comments:

  1. ...and she failed to mention she met her Twitter idol. The one. The only. The incredible. The pretty awesome and very humble @. S. M. U. G. G. L. I. N. G. P. L. U. M. S. I know you all at gasping at this. How could she right? Please don't hold it against her. She had a lot going on. I know. If it were you, you would have written a blog soley on this "Douche Canoe" experience. P. S. Allie sucks at bowling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nor did she mention the fantabulous birthday experience that was Brandyroo 2012...and who could forget my EPIC police chase in Need For Speed?

    i know that was a crazy week and a whirlwind weekend, but you took it like a champ. i was glad to see you, so worried for you, so proud of you, and so grateful for you all at the same time...very emotional February...but in the end, there is no cancer, you had a wonderful opportunity to honor Richard and help your business, and Jasmine is at peace. I know you will have another fantastic job soon and i know those friendships are going away just because you're not working there any more. i know its been a rough 2012 so far, but hang in there kid. you have PLENTY of wonderfulness to spread around. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. nor did she mention the fantabulous birthday experience that was Brandyroo 2012...and who could forget my EPIC police chase in Need For Speed?

    i know that was a crazy week and a whirlwind weekend, but you took it like a champ. i was glad to see you, so worried for you, so proud of you, and so grateful for you all at the same time...very emotional February...but in the end, there is no cancer, you had a wonderful opportunity to honor Richard and help your business, and Jasmine is at peace. I know you will have another fantastic job soon and i know those friendships are going away just because you're not working there any more. i know its been a rough 2012 so far, but hang in there kid. you have PLENTY of wonderfulness to spread around. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. nor did she mention the fantabulous Brandyroo 2012...and who could forget the EPIC 18-car police chase in Need For Speed?!?!

    never before have i ever been so worried for you, proud of you, grateful for you and glad to be there for you than that crazy week...

    in the end, you had a wonderful opportunity to honor Richard and help your business, Jasmine is at peace, and you've built some lasting friendships that won't have to end just because you're not working there any more. I know that 2012 has had a rough start, but don't worry, you have plenty of wonderfulness to spread around, young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great posting I have read. I like your article

    ReplyDelete